The Fifth Annual Medicaid Innovations Forum will offer a unique blend of forward-thinking perspectives including case studies and examples of true innovation from Medicaid managed care plans and state government agencies focusing on the 7 key strategic and operational impact areas that will determine the success of Medicaid programs:
- Enrolling and Serving the New Medicaid Population Created by the ACA
- Innovative Plan Choices and Design for Health Insurance Exchanges
- Program Integrity
- Effectively Serving the Chronically Ill
- Successful operation of ACOs and Patient Centered Medical Homes
- Reducing ER Visits and Readmissions
- Minimizing Fraud, Waste and Abuse
SPECIAL FULL DAY FOCUS ON DUAL ELIGIBLES!
In recognition of the growing importance of the dual eligible population, and the unique challenges and opportunities presented by this group, the conference offers a value-added day dedicated to Dual Eligibles. Add this intensive day to your conference experience to gain tools and strategies for innovating integrated care delivery to improve health outcomes and manage costs.
This event highlights:
- 11 Case Studies from State Government Agencies including Colorado, Oregon, Rhode Island, Ohio, Minnesota, Vermont, South Carolina, Iowa, Delaware, Arizona and Virginia
- First-hand presentations from Medicaid health plans including Molina Health Plan of Ohio, AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies, BlueCareTennesee, Wellpoint, Sunrise Health Plan, Colorado Access, and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.
- Carefully crafted panel discussions on Medicaid’s most timely issues, featuring perspectives from Priority Health, Health Care Service Corporation, Genesee Health Plan, Department of Health Care Policy and Finance, Centene, and Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care
- Expert presentations that will give you unprecedented insight into proven strategies that will yield transformative results
In the past 5 years, the Medicaid Innovations Forum has convened over 1200+ key decision makers who have been unanimous in their praise for the valuable insights that have enabled them to gain a competitive advantage in delivering Medicaid excellence.
"Great conference. Speakers share real world experiences about practical initiatives to transform Medicaid."
– Joe Miller, Director, AmeriHealth Mercy
"This was an excellent conference and I am looking forward to attending next year!"
– Felecia Stovall, Project Manager, D.C Department of Healthcare Finance
"Extremely timely topics! Info was relevant to my work at Priority Health."
– Sheila Putnam, Director of Care Management, Priority Health
"Medicaid Innovations was one of the best managed conferences I have attended. The presentations, conference facility, and supports were amazing. Definitely worth the trip!"
– Marceil Case, Manager, ACC Program, Colorado Medicaid
"Well thought out subject matter and good presenters. Lots of information and practical examples of innovation."
– Mark Santiago, Senior Vice President, Hudson Health Plan
Our LinkedIn community, Medicaid Innovations, has over 2700 members and is a fantastic networking tool. Our goal is to create a comprehensive community beyond our live event so that those in the industry can stay connected year round.
Topics to be Addressed in 2014 include:
- Evaluating the massive implementation of Health Insurance Exchanges (HIX) thus far and determining next steps for achieving/maintaining success
- Managing the ongoing challenge of coverage expansion
- Developing targeted strategies for engaging, educating and retaining the dual eligible population
- Understanding the emerging Medicaid populations in managed care and determining how to best reach and serve them
- Developing quality of care initiatives that reduce ER visits and preventable readmissions
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders to advance ACO models and drive improvements in quality, delivery and payment reform
- Merging managed care compliance with quality improvement initiatives
- Coordinating between state Medicaid plans and health information exchange (HIE) efforts for optimal results
- Managing the continuing state budget challenge and its impact on Medicaid
- Leveraging data to manage patient care
- Balancing ease of enrollment with fraud prevention